Dr Sebi Biography


Alfredo Bowman (also known as Dr Sebi) was born November 26th, 1934 in Illanga, Colon, Honduras. At the age of 3 Dr. Sebi had an experience that he would never forget. He was playing by the river and didn’t realize that the water was too deep and he had to hold on to logs and float to shore. At the age of 7 he moved to La Ceiba to live with his grandmother, Mama Hay. She took over the responsibility of rearing him.

Dr. Sebi started working from the age of 9. He was taking people’s packages and luggage home from the Railroad Station in Honduras. He would also carry people’s groceries and would be paid a nickel or dime. He continued this work until the age of 11. At the age of 11 he became a caddy. Dr. Sebi caddied until the age of 13. At the age of 13 he went to work at a Dairy Farm, which was owned by the Standard Fruit Company in Honduras. Dr. Sebi worked there until the age of 14. He left the Dairy Farm and worked in the Commissary of the Standard Fruit Company. He worked there until the age of 20.

In 1954 at the age of 20, Dr. Sebi got the feeling that he had to leave Honduras. Before he left he worked in the Banana Farm with his mother for about 2 months. He wanted to leave Honduras and go to Africa. In 1954 there was a general strike in Central America this prevented him from reaching his grandmother in La Ceiba, he couldn’t wait for the Railroad to reestablish so he decided to walk from Ocote a Banana Town to Olanchito. Then from Olanchito to La Ceiba.

Dr. Sebi was accompanied by 2 friends whom he convinced to walk with him to La Ceiba. The journey took 2 ½ days for them to reach Mama Hay in La Ceiba. When he reached La Ceiba Mama Hay told him that a man came by and left money for him to get his passport in San Pedro Sula and then they would take him to the states. Dr. Sebi arrived in New Orleans, Louisiana USA in 1954. There he got married and had 3 children. Dr. Sebi decided to be a s merchant seaman. He was a seaman for 10 years.

During his time as a seaman he traveled around the world to places like Africa, South America, Europe, and Asia. There he met different people and cultures and learn how to interact with different ethnic groups and nationalities. During his time as a seaman he became an apprentice to the Steam engineer. A position he held until he left the ocean. Then Dr. Sebi worked as a steam engineer at the Mck Hospital in Los Angeles for 10 years. During the that time he started researching plants because he was sick with asthma, diabetes, impotence and was wearing glasses. He was also over-weight. In 1962 he found himself in an Asylom in New Jersey. Dr. Sebi went to many physicians to get healed but to no avail he kept getting sicker. He went to a urologist, endocrinologist, the internist, and general practitioner. He got fed up and felt that there was no hope for him. A friend of Dr. Sebi from New Orleans called him and told him about an herbalist in Quina Vaca, Mexico. The herbalist put him on an herbal diet with juice and water for 94 days. By the end of 94 days he had no manifestations of disease and also lost 89 pounds.

During his time at the MCK Hospital he used this time to research. He learned that life expresses itself in an environment of PH 7.1 and higher and that life is not found in an acid environment that is PH 7 and below. Then Dr. Sebi started testing herbs to find out the PH to see which was alkaline (PH 7.1 +) and which were acidic (PH 7 -). Dr. Sebi began putting compounds together of herbs with a PH of 8+. He started taking the compounds and gruns his friends and co-workers. The first thing he noticed was that he was going to the bathroom for bowec movements quite often. The people he gave his compounds to where being cured of their disaster. In 1980 he left the MCK Hospital and started his healing journey. Dr. Sebi moved to Dominica. He was invited by the Prime Minister. There Dr. Sebi reversed a variety of diseases including diabetes, impotency, infertile women. Then a new Prime Minister was elected Eugenia Charles, and she kicked him out of Dominica. Then Dr. Sebi moved to St. Croix and continued his healing journey. He was not welcomed by the people of St. Croix, Dr. Sebi stayed in St. Croix until 1983 reversing all manner of diseases. Dr. Sebi moved from St. Croix to Puerto Rico in 1983. In Puerto Rico Dr. Sebi was treated worse than in St. Croix. 1982-1985 Dr. Sebi was in New York where he placed an AD in the newspaper saying that he cured Aids and other disease. He was traveling between Puerto Rico and the States. In 1985 he moved to New York and opened a shop on the corner of Sen Avenue and Flatbush. February 10th the Nypd came to arrest and charge Dr. Sebi with practicing medicine without a license, selling products not approved by the FIDA and waiting to cure AIDS Dr. Sebi was in jail for a week and was released on his own recognizance. The case would begin in September 1988. The case lasted for a week, Dr. Sebi won the civil case and then the criminal case began on the 24th of September 1988. On the 29th of September 1988 Dr. Sebi was found not guilty on all charges.